Here is the short list of what this newbie runner has learned these past 2 1/2 weeks of non-training:
1. Maybe I should add a couple weeks to my training schedule in case of unforeseen roadblocks like illness, injury, blizzards, or visits from my mother.
2. The higher power must want me to be an outdoors runner because I have lost out on seven treadmills on Craigslist thus far.
3. Trying to run while sick may sound like a good idea, but it’s probably not, for me. Just ask my neighbors who had to witness my hacking up a lung multiple times last week.
4. Training really does take a lot of time away from my family. I think it’s gonna be worth it, in the end, but 2 1/2 weeks off was good for my kiddos.
5. I’m not a good blogger. I forget and I’m lazy. Good thing Teresa is so darn good at it.
6. I have a long ways to go, baby.