Every year I think about whether or not I’m going to have resolutions. I’m not one of those hard core “I MUST write a list and I MUST work hard on these resolutions!” people.
Instead, I just put together a list of what I think are realistic improvements? Hm. I wish I had a better word. I’m not even sure they are improvements. Just realistic goals I suppose. Let’s go with that. That’s better. Geez T. Way to make that harder than it had to be. ::eyeroll::
So here is a list. You should know that in my head it’s far longer. I have a long list of private goals I don’t share. Don’t we all?
- Keep track of my mileage on a spreadsheet. If only for my shoes benefit.
- Run 3x a week. ~I usually say I plan to run every day and life intervenes so I’m lucky if I run a few times a week. So this time I’ll just plan to run 3x a week and see what happens.
- The Marine Corps Marathon. I never. ever. ever. plan anything like that this far ahead. Something always happens to derail me. But this time I’m going in.
- My perfect goal would be to dedicate twice a week to yoga. My realistic goal is to keep yoga in my world. As active as possible.
- I’m going to try to track my food on myfitnesspal.com. I did it for awhile and it was nice to keep track. It’s a little ridiculous because I frequently have Skittles or Hot Tamales for breakfast but it helps me stay honest from migraine forbidden foods. I don’t expect to do it forever. But it’s a good idea for a while.
My dream goals? No more migraines. Ha!
I love that goal. If only I actually had the control. Oh…universe. Could you take care of that for me please? Thankyousoverymuch.
It’s a small list. But I figure the smaller, the more attainable.
I’m nothing if not realistic.