My daughter has started running ::insert clapping now please because she’s awesome::. She has run before but life intervenes. Like..
.children child and work and frankly life. And I don’t think it’s her favorite sport. She does it because, as we’ve all figured out, it’s easy. You can grab your shoes and go. But she really loves kickboxing, martial arts, that sort of thing. And swimming has always had her heart. But I always tried to make sure my kids knew that I don’t care what they do for exercise, they don’t have to be runners as long as they move move move because
moving makes your heart happy and it feels so good.
I just wanted to make sure I had healthy kid at every age.
On that note:
they say it better…
Team for Kids is a committed group of adult runners from around the world who add meaning to their miles by raising funds for NYRR’s Youth and Community Services programs while training for major endurance events. The funds they raise provide free or low-cost health and fitness programs to kids who would otherwise have little or no access to regular physical activity. These programs serve more than 200,000 children each year in more than 800 schools and community centers in New York City, across the nation, and around the world.
My goal, at the beginning, was to run and be there for Michelle who is running for Huntingtons Disease. A mission dear to her heart and of course all of us. As I wasn’t able to connect with a charity I opted to just go and cheer her on. But this came through her information and she immediately sent it to me.
I have always been pretty open about not wanting to run for a charity. I don’t love asking for money. I kind of feel bad about the way the charities do it…offering up those slots…if you’ll run. But this time it somehow didn’t sound so bad.
- The obvious, I get to run with Michelle
- I’m sending money to a charity. It’s about time I did something positive with my freaking life. I mean besides those kids. Man, I did a good job on those kids. They are really awesome. (disclaimer: Sean and three kids all participated 😉 )
- And finally…Team for Kids. This is the kind of charity that has my heart. Getting kids moving. I love it.
- Hello…New York. *gasp* That one is totally on my bucket list. Amazing.
- With all that being said, if you want to donate you can click here and I would love you forever. I probably will anyway because you’re awesome. ha! ANY amount is great and just your emotional support is fabulous, too. Thank you!
In the last week I’ve had a lot happen and frankly…in the last six years Sean and I have had a lot go on in our lives. And we decided a long time ago that we were going to just live our lives as full as possible, be good people, be kind and loving and generous and grateful to God for all of our blessings and in return he would take care of us.
United States vs Germany today at the World Cup!!
This is the game to watch for sure. We need to give them some amazing vibes.
LOL…it was actually running at the time. Hilarious. Nobody worry. He was perfectly safe and Uncle Alex was rightthere. A big step for a boy who only wanted to admire it from across the garage.
So I run in purpose in every step… 1 Corinthians 9:26
Run on…and remember to sometimes play big.