I was out on a run and listening to Jillian Michael’s Podcast. She got a new producer a while ago and since I didn’t listen to her with any regularity (because I didn’t like the producer) I missed the transition. So I listen to it far more often now and today they discussed a Buzzfeed article
So today I am grabbing five of them and highlighting why they hit me as particularly significant to me. There are twenty five of them though…and I may grab another five in a few days and highlight those. I just think it’s a great article because I think we do things every day we’re afraid of and recognizing that is a wonderful way to learn and grow and become stronger. >These are out of order but they are on the list as 1,3,5,6 and 7.<
- When you voice your opinion on something you really care about. ~ I think this one is really hard in today’s political climate and I’ll tell you right now I just don’t do it. I am not brave. I wish I was. If you are, you should be prepared for the fall out and have a plan on how to handle it. Some people are not going to like your opinion. That’s okay. They don’t have to. We don’t all have to agree. Opinions will differ and the earth will continue to turn.
- When you ask someone for help, even though your ego is begging you not to. ~I struggle with this one for sure and even yesterday needed help and worked on my computer for nearly two hours before I finally admitted defeat and called someone for help. Turned out there was no help…I had done it right. But I just didn’t want to be that person that couldn’t figure it out. I feel like I’m always that person. Especially in my family!
- When you face an uncomfortable issue you’ve been trying to avoid. ~ I’m facing an uncomfortable issue. I’ve been facing it for a while and I’ve been avoiding it like a turtle with his head in his shell. I finally have realized that I have complete control of the situation and I have to handle it. So I’m doing that very thing. And yes. I do feel brave. Scared. Sad. Maybe a little excited. And brave. Mostly I just have to remember my big rule…do what you’re afraid of.
- When you make a list of all the things you’ve been putting off and check them off one by one. ~ Um. Yeah, I don’t usually have a problem with lists and getting things done. I’m a list kind of person. I’m definitely working that right now. And I feel my best when I have a HUGE list with BIG things on it and I cross those things off and get them done. Especially when the BIG things are the hard things I’ve been putting off.
- When you stick up for someone who’s being picked on.~ Okay, so…I do this. I stick up for people who are being picked on. I don’t know if it’s because I was bullied myself. If it’s because I am so empathetic. If it’s because I just recognize how wrong it is and want to make sure my own kids see the right example or if it’s because my parents were amazing and taught me to stand up for people. Or all of the above. But I absolutely cannot stand to see someone be bullied and here’s the weird thing….I stand alone most of the time. It’s kind of wrong. I make no friends when I do this. Bums me out. I always kind of thought that doing that would swing karma around my way and the bullies would lose their friends in a huge way and the wave of people would see how wrong they were and I’d get more friends when they saw me standing up for wrong…wait. That’s an after school special. Sorry. I got side tracked. Nevertheless…I can’t stand by and I won’t. I don’t do it for anything other than it’s wrong and I figure God is smiling on me and that’s all I care about.
Miss G and I ran a beautiful 3 solid miles this morning…just to prove to her she could do it. Because she was scared. But of course we finished our 5.5 I cut it short at that because I have Achilles issues. Sigh.
It was 47* and raining at 4:30. So I texted her and said…it’s raining. She said…we don’t run in the rain? I looked at Sean and said..I’ve created a monster. He said…not in 47*! She came back and said…5:30? Okay…that should help. Not.
5:30 came and it was 48*. But it had stopped raining and was now beautiful. I’ll take it. 🙂