- I’m so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. As I sit here at my computer this quiet morning, the sunrise is peaking, there’s a blue hue to the color of the world and it’s changing little by little as the sun comes up. The snow that came last night was the best kind, the fluffy ~surely they came out of a can~ flakes. Just sitting on top of the deck looking like if you blew one good breath you’d clear a space for walking. And over in the distance is a shimmer of orange and pink…just thinking about showing itself. I get this all to myself. Everyone is sleeping. p.s. guess what’s on? Yep..Harry Potter. My life is complete.
- We’re trying to buy a new microwave. We’ve bought two used microwaves (fortunately I’m cheap so not much money) and both of them, though in great condition, sound like (to use one reviewers terminology) a jet engine taking off. I have issues with that. I want a quiet microwave. Is that too much to ask? So we were at Home Depot yesterday and I am standing there looking at microwaves and I get distracted. The refrigerators are AMAZING. Have you SEEN what they have in refrigerators now??? I want THAT…look at that middle drawer for all those most commonly reached snack items! I mean…they cost as much as a small car…yes they do. Same with the oven…check that sucker out. We fell in love with the two door oven. I mean really. You can use the top one….or the handle can grab both doors which opens up the whole oven. It’s…genius.
I know that was random but SERIOUSLY…I have appliance envy. LOL
- I’ve had several friends talk to me about this post the other day. It came up originally when someone mentioned Facebook and a few particular friends who seem to be “those friends” that post the most unbelievable unrealistic ~my gosh how in the world are you living that life~ pictures and statuses. Seriously…we have a lot of really wealthy people that live here. Don’t get excited. We have a lot of poor people, too. We all just love the mountains. But the class differences…it’s pretty sad. What I think is harder to watch, and maybe I put it wrong when I was writing it is that we all have those ~in another life I’d have this or if you’re me then you say, “that person is living my life”. But remembering it’s just pretend is what keeps you from being sad all the time about what you don’t have. Gratitude is something I always have but I think it’s a gift to be able to remember your blessings in today’s world. And if you really DO have a dream, then do everything in your power to follow that dream. DO IT> Because I can’t imagine having regrets. You have to be able to say you did everything you could to live the life that is truly yours.
- Runner’s World posted this today and I think it’s SO SMART. Prerun Yoga is really genius. I’m totally going to give it a try. I love to start my day with some basic yoga moves … I feel like one of those toy skeletons that gets snapped together with all the little pops and snaps. I don’t do it for a half an hour or anything but I do spend five or ten minutes just getting the kinks out. Since it feels so good I think pre run yoga would definitely help keep those injuries at bay…hello hip openers.
- Yesterday I got my run in (3.25 miles) before my appt and it was just turning a little breezy and cold but still good. I stopped more than I wanted to but I kicked the ass of a few hills so I consider it a good run. Today I’m meeting Miss Hollie for our walk/run and she may not like me. We’ll have to see how it goes. I’m pretty excited we’re getting in two workouts this week in the daylight! I can see my watch and it helps with the timing.
Less than a week until Thanksgiving…I hope you are ready but not making yourselves crazy. It’s just dinner after all. The important part is the hangin’ out together. And remember to be kind.
This was on Runner’s World today and I fully appreciate it this morning. Here’s your sign: