- I wrote my Sweet List on Sunday at like…midnight and I had been on migraine meds all freaking day so halfway through Monday (still medicated) it dawned on me…oh yeah. Martin Luther King Jr Day. SUCH an important day and one that absolutely needed to be recognized. THAT should have been number one. ::shakeshead::. So as my dad would say, a day late and a dollar short…don’t think of me as behind…think of me as ahead for next year.
- So I need to clarify a few things on Shakeology. Sometimes life smacks you in the head. So frustrating. Yesterday someone messaged me about the Shakeology comment on the Sweet List. To clarify, I am not a Beachbody coach and I get nothing from them for saying I like the shakes. Sean was just really struggling to get some decent regular nutrition and also have something healthy before work and a workout. So Ria, my friend and Beachbody coach over at Motivational Mom PT recommended Shakeology. Unfortunately, while searching around and digging things up this morning I found a sad disclaimer that I should have found before I ever took it in.
Is Shakeology certified as Gluten Free? Is Shakeology allergen free?
Shakeology is not certified gluten free. Although Shakeology is made with gluten-free ingredients, all Shakeology formulas are in a manufacturing facility that also processes known allergens such as soy, milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts and wheat (gluten) ingredients. While our manufacturing procedures follows strict, required FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), which include immediate cleaning and breaking down of equipment after every production batch and proper air filtration systems as precautionary measures, the possibility of cross-contamination can never be 100% eliminated, therefore we are required by the FDA, to include a warning that addresses this. source
- I’m sure you’re thinking..why the hell didn’t she research that BEFORE she drank it? Yes…that was a rookie move. I’m usually far smarter than that. It’s important to know I totally and completely believed it was gluten free. And I totally and completely own that mistake. Everytime I make a rookie move like not reading a label or disclaimer, it’s on me. As my own advocate, I have to do the research, I have to take care of me. I’ve been totally sick since Friday but I assumed it was something I ate at the restaurant with my friend. One more time, I need to be more careful.
- People post those Buzzfeed lists all the time, I’ve done it myself and the Celiac one is a common one. But this list is good and guess what? Not Buzzfeed. I like it though and thanks for putting up with my constant “I have Celiac” stuff. Think of how smart and educated you are about gluten free now…
- Rather than do anything productive yesterday, I purged my closet . Shut up. I know. I possibly need to get out of the house. THE SHREDDING> The letters. The memories. It wasn’t pretty. I was supposed to go for a run with Miss Hollie last night but her family showed up last minute (rude) and she had to ditch. If there was ever a day I needed a workout, it was yesterday. At that hour it was too late to go out in the dark by myself. So I chose grocery shopping. It really didn’t do it for me. Huh…I wonder why.
- I’ve successfully avoided the grocery store up until now (no spend January because …people…stores…life), with the unfortunate result that we have no food. No, I mean, NO food. My poor family. So off I go to the store and do you know what happened??? Mm hmm. Kettle Brand Jalapeno Potato Chips is what happened. Fiesta! in a Bag. I believe they must be the hot/salty equivalent to Skittles…Taste the Rainbow. I believe I may have a problem. I will be avoiding the store now. sigh.
I love them.
- I’ve started job hunting because “Sean shouldn’t have to do it all himself”. Sean doesn’t do it all himself you can bet that but I figure it’s time I do something because the Grey’s Anatomy marathon I listen to everyday while I type, organize, clean, workout, etc., is slowly sucking my soul from me. Sorry to all the Grey’s fans. Is it wrong that I secretly love Cristina (not that way) and am so bummed that I read ahead and she leaves the show? Hello, there’s your first clue something must be done. I googled it.
why is it I find myself using this one over and over? Hmm…that’s certainly telling…
Okay, I have to go because it’s totally strength training day (it’s been TWO DAYS) and I no longer have aching legs/butt. Time to get things going. Also…gorgeous freaking day and I’m running. I think I need to run when I get the chance and if I get to run with Hollie in the evening then “bonus” workout. She just has a very sketch schedule and if I wait for her my running schedule could be every third Tuesday if it rains. To be fair, mine, too, can be very up in the air so it’s better to get it done early. I normally don’t mind winter but this ice is kind of killin’ my buzz here…
Run on and be excited for your workout today. You GET to workout.