- I feel like I had a “while you were sleeping” moment. My phone died and while it was charging I ran a few errands. When I got my phone back we’d bombed Syria. What the hell? Now I’m clutching it to me like my Daddy’s Bible. Lord knows what will happen if I put it down.
- I’m having an “I’m pretty over Trump”
- We picked up theboy from school today and to placate him because he couldn’t go to Babe’s house we took him to ice cream. He was happy and delightful and funny and smart and he worked on a computer game on Papa Sean’s phone while I took pictures of him and admired him because good heavens he really is nearly perfect. How did we get so lucky. #afterschoolicecreamspecial #hesallmine #sweetestboy
They were learning games…pretty intense studying going on.
- I was talking to my friend Dana today on the phone and we were discussing how my blood work had turned out after surgery. Without going into too many details (not important right now) she asked how I’m generally feeling and what if any symptoms I have and I had no problem telling her I feel really kind of amazing. Seriously I feel great (leg notwithstanding). I am incredibly happy it.
- Years ago Alex came home with a friend from the neighborhood and I knew immediately they’d be best friends. I marched my ass right on over to his mom’s house and insinuated myself into her life. I insisted we be best friends, she really had no choice. Here it is 18+ years later (I am really not sure how long it’s been)and she really is like my sister. She’s this amazing person who has seen more tragedy in her life than a person should have to and insists on being happy and loving life and this, People, is why I love her. She is that kind of person that finds joy in everything….the little things, the big things, the ridiculous things. I feel the same way and most of the time people just shake their head at me but Andrea appreciates my whacked out perspective. She appreciates and loves life and this is why I can talk to her in the car for fives hours. Life is ridiculously beautiful and she knows this, too. Please please PLEASE appreciate all the little things that make life beautiful.
- Stephen Takes On Kendall Jenner’s ‘Attractive Lives Matter’ Pepsi Ad– I can’t seem to post the video, you’ll have to just follow the link. Sad day! It’s totally worth it anyway.
- I went to Shaughnessy’s house the other day and after I left, Adam texted me and told me thank you for cleaning Theboy’s room. He said I absolutely didn’t have to do that. I told him it was no problem and not to worry about it. In relaying this story to my mom I told her he doesn’t understand, I have friends who leave their kitchens messy so I CAN clean them. I LIKE that. She said to tell him I’m Monica. That should help explain. I’m the person you WANT to have at a party….the clean up is my favorite part! I need to explain that to him.