- The Oatmeal in all it’s delight, as usual.
- Ingress which continues to provide my husband happiness. Anyone that knows Sean knows he’s been looking for that for his whole life and I think he was really just bored. It keeps him engaged, his mind is always going, he’s out on his bike or walking or exercising all the time and he’s meeting new people all while he gets to see the major sites of Denver. I love this game and for however long he plays it I’m going to love it.
- My stability ball which is hilarious and also a great workout. I’m enjoying it and I totally anticipate theboy will, too.
- Jimmy Bar. It’s just enough peanut butter and just enough crunch for someone who doesn’t love peanut butter. No gluten and no chocolate means you eat a lot of peanut butter and that’s not my favorite.
- I went running!! Like really running. It was successful and everything and I didn’t die! Okay, I was slow because my leg was pretty tweaky so I made sure to take care of it but still…running! Running in the evening is my very favorite. Sean and I went to the park last night so he could Ingress and I could run and then we walked around the park. On the way home we stopped and got ice cream. Best date ever.
- So far I’m pretty on track with my workouts. I’d like to up my game a little more but I think I have a really good start.
- SO Delicious Cashew Milk Snickerdoodle ice cream. Have I already mentioned this stuff? Because it is totally worth talking about twice in case I have.
- My sister (sister Catherine) came to town for an event, she’s the owner/operate/CEO of Fairy Ring Beads and Things, and I totally bought this beautiful bracelet after coveting it for a day or two. The colors are so me I’ve barely taken it off. Also, rings and bracelets are totally my thing.
- I went to the grocery store the other day and came across this little delight…the possibilities are endless. I didn’t buy it, the garlic held me off a bit…it’s not my favorite, but the rest would be so delicious I think it would be worth it. I am totally thinking I need to the next time I go to the store. It has suggestions on the package and yum…cornbread…oh and baked chicken…I’m kind of hungry.
- Neil Hilborn and his new book of poetry Our Numbered Days. I keep putting it off, I’ve been living off of his Facebook page but it’s on my list to buy because he’s just so good.
Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life– I can’t wait to dig in and read this. I hear so many good things about it and I love hearing about joyful living!
- I went hiking with Michelle and I’m going again tomorrow! (pretty sure…I mean…plans change. One never knows….our schedules are always a little off…but we can always hope)
I’m an Ingress widow this weekend. It’s a big thing happening right now and then I get him back (yay). I know a lot of people are probably thinking..geez…does he spend any time with you? yep. I get a lot of time with him. He spends mornings with me hangin’ out and evenings just like regular families we are together most of the time and occasionally he has an event that takes his time. I’m extremely patient about it because we’ve been married a long time so I know he likes me. We spend a lot of time together. He’s so freakin’ happy (who knew?) and good LORD the running stuff he puts up with. The trips, the long runs, the running gear…so much. This is nothing.
- I saved the best for last. My sister Catherine. She’s just a few years older than me. It’s her birthday today.
She’s kind and loving and generous, beautiful and smart, she has an endless amount of trivia in her head and I can’t remember a time she didn’t at least have a tidbit of info about something. she’s passionate about politics to the point that I occasionally have to hide her Facebook page for a day or two to recover (late at night she gets a little bit evil in her passion…yikes) only to go back to it because I missed her. She’s the most talented artist creating beads and trinkets, boxes and bits out of polymer clay and then creating jewelry out of those beads. Every time I see her I’m astonished at her skills and more and more impressed at how she’s grown as an artist. I continue to think she can’t get better and then she does. She is determined to live her life following her passion and I love her so much for that.
She takes in strays~ animal and human and she has the smallest house but apparently the biggest heart because there is always room for one more. And when I say animal I mean she has had chickens, goats and everything in between in her kitchen while it recovers from a deathly illness. The baby goat in the diaper…I just died. It was too cute.
And when I call her with an insane moment she jumps right in and never has to catch up. It’s like she was expecting the call all along. She’s a genuinely good person and I’m so lucky to count her as not just a sister but as a friend, too. Some people take those for granted, I do not.
I love your face, Sister Catherine…from Mother Teresa. (this is what my kids used to call us)
Catherine, Mom and me…no idea when but it’s so cute I really like the picture.