- The Survivors – This is a powerful article about the survivors left behind when adventurers and climbers head out to tackle the world or the nearest giant mountain like Mt Everest. When they don’t come back because they’ve simply disappeared never to be found or they’ve had an accident and died, the people left behind have to live with the consequences and the climbers, though they care, they seem to be pulled to the mountain by a force so strong it overpowers the love of family, the love of father and mother even. It’s really emotional and powerful to think about the call of the mountain and specifically Everest. It seems to have such a pull to these climbers they put it above everyone and everything in their lives.
- Just a quick note about B12, we talked about it yesterday. If you’re thyroid gland is not working properly it can cause hypothyroidism and this could lead to a B12 deficiency. As we’ve discussed before, if you have any kind of thyroid disorders you are at a much higher risk of having Celiac disease and should absolutely be tested. It’s an easy blood test and fairly inexpensive (hopefully your insurance covers it but these days…who knows but it really doesn’t hurt to ask your doctor…just remember to give a very strong case). The following are some symptoms of B12 deficiency however…as with anything these are only the most common symptoms. I did my own searching to find other symptoms and found eye problems among other issues. As you can see these symptoms could easily be symptoms of Celiac or even just hypothyroidism. You can get a blood test to see if you’re B12 is okay. I just know I’m Celiac and I’m always deficient in everything so I boosted my B12. Hopefully it works for the eye.
The most common include fatigue, constipation, decreased appetite, tingling in the hands and feet, impaired memory, depression, and soreness of the tongue.
- Up and Humming just commented on yesterday’s blog to tell me Topiramate has a side effect that causes eye twitching and sure enough it does. I’ve been on it for probably ten years and never get any side effects from it but it’s high time I did. I’ve asked my doctor if I can go off of it multiple times but he wants me to stay on it for now. I just asked him again because I don’t want to be on eight million drugs. Hopefully he gets back to me today.
Actually I’m pretty patient but who doesn’t love a HP gif?
- I am…as I am typing this…on the phone one more time with the menu system people from hell. I got a different person this time and she said “we are going to figure this out”. I like her. I told her my next step is to drive down there and possibly chain myself to a tree to be heard. OH MY GOSH> three minutes later and they found it. I love her. ❤ I ended up calling the benefits people, too, and I feel confident we have this thing licked.
#Iamgratefulforhealthcare #Iamgratefulforhealthcare #dailyreminders
I have the wrong kind of health insurance…
- The high today is 94*. It’s currently 96.5*. Doesn’t appear to be slowing down…it’s only 2:30
I got a wicked migraine last night, I blame the wind. So I ended up just walking Malachi because it was too much to think of running but I’ll run tonight and I plan a quick HIIT workout or some strength this afternoon since I haven’t done anything since Friday.