- As I was typing last night...I was also scratching scratching scratching. I took my second dose of Benadryl. I went out to run my list down and somewhere in the middle of it I had to stop at the grocery store clear across town and run inside for Benadryl. Standing in the store I did the “itching” dance. I was on fire. I had a small rash on my arms and everything hurt. I took an Allegra in the morning like I usually do but it didn’t help. I was a mess. Thank the Lord for antihistamines. Today I am much better.
I don’t look like this but I totally wiggle like this because this is my life.
- I took our friend Damon to the airport this morning…that’s why this is so late. And when I went to his house to pick him up (I’ve never been there before) I totally cracked up laughing. So…here is an idea of MY house…
NOT my house…just a random house I found on Zillow…but very similar
Pretty average. Ordinary suburban house.
Here is an idea of Damon’s house…
add a three car garage to the side and you might be there…freaking huge. The house is HUGE. I think you could put four of my houses in one of his. I laughed so hard. Turns out all of his friends have the same reaction. We’re close friends to Damon so we’re comfortable enough to say to him, “DUDE. you’re HOUSE is HUGE”. Rather than “what a lovely home you have” which I would say to frankly anyone else.
- I went looking for shoes last night and about five minutes after arriving at DSW I found them. The perfect shoes. My dream shoes. The shoes I’ve been looking for all my life. They’re beautiful. They’re comfortable. They were…THE shoes. I looked at the price and they were $49. Oh my gosh they were also reasonable. I couldn’t believe it. I continued to walk for another few minutes just in case but I finally thought…nope. I love them. Those are the shoes. So I went back to get them I grabbed the box at the top thus revealing the ACTUAL price of the KATE SPADE shoes I was in total and absolute dreamy love with…$149. Yeah…I missed that little “1” there…
Sadly..>I put the shoes back. I thought we were friends but no. My feelings were pretty hurt that Kate would turn on me like that but we were obviously not meant to be besties. If I win the lottery those shoes are MINE.
Below is a picture of a pair of her shoes that are similar. I can’t find the right ones online. They’re not suede, they’re plain black with cream straps instead and the heel is black GLITTER> Just enough glitter to be gorgeous and not too much to be ostentatious. ::swoon:: The heel wasn’t too high. They were sooo comfortable (I would expect nothing less for $150 shoes). In my next life maybe…(on a side note I had several women friends that tried very hard to “encourage” me to buy them anyway. We are our own worst enemy! saboteurs 😏
- My friend in Houston is still dry and thankful. The rain stopped for her yesterday so they took a walk around the neighborhood if for no other reason than they had to get outside…the kids were going insane. Four years old and cabin fever. Today she sent me a video of the kids with fidget spinners flyin’ around on top of their heads like the Globetrotters and their basketballs. Not only was it hilarious but it clearly showed they have talents beyond the normal four year olds. Promise of a big future. Dream big.
- Yesterday I did a quick HIIT and walked Malachi but was itching so bad and so freakin’ high on Benadryl I had to sleep. I crashed so hard I didn’t even move until 8:15 this morning. That’s CRAZY. I’m surprised Sean wasn’t taking my pulse…
- I bought a dress from Thred Up. Technically I bought two. Anyone else use it? I love the concept and I think I could really use it but I’ve had two fails so far so I think I’m done with dresses. It’s a second hand store online with nice high end clothing at a significant discount. They don’t have a GREAT return policy. It’s good. I mean, you can return things so there’s that. But you have to do it within 14 days, you have to pay shipping, take the return in credit. So, that sucks. Their measuring system doesn’t seem to be very accurate. I buy a lot of stuff online and I can usually just buy a size without issue but once you start adding in designer clothes you get vanity sizing and it’s a crap shoot. I could wear a size 10 or a size 4. So measuring is critical. After paying the shipping several times I’ve thrown away too much money and now I’m just going to return the second dress for a refund. I have a credit from the first dress (it was really inexpensive ~yay~) so that’s not bad but the second one is a little painful. It’s just frustrating. I’m settling and I think I’ll wear something I already have. Snoopy Dance that it fits! (first time in several years ~damn fibroid~)
I also looked at the selling concept. I really only had one thing to go by that I could think of on the spot and that’s a gown I bought that I don’t need after all. It’s a $400 couture gown with the tags still on it. They have an “estimate what it’s worth” calculator and I had to pick another designer because I couldn’t find mine listed. I picked a comparable designer and filled the rest in and they said they’d give me $9 for it. Ha. I suspect they might give me a little more but probably not significantly more so…I think I’ll keep it😂
- I walked Malachi this morning and it’s cooling off now so I might go for a run. I’d like to do a HIIT but we’ll see what I’m up for. I gave a little jog from the store to the car and felt such ridiculous joy at that it made me giggle. I love to run so much I can’t imagine not doing it. When I picked up Damon today his house is over where one of my favorite long routes takes me. He was asking me about it and I told him the hard part the beginning.
Once you reach this particular sidewalk there’s this lovely downhill slope and the view is beautiful, the trees line the street and it just begs for me to run…feet flying down the hill. I love to run it in the evening just as the sun is thinking about setting and the air is cool…my headphones are on. It’s my favorite and I wish I was there right now. Running really is my most spiritual place.