Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon, August 10, 2013 $15 (Groupon bargain awesome)
This half marathon has always been popular but when they offered it as a groupon for $15, they crashed the website. It was pretty awesome. They sold out.
- I picked up my bib from Denver Runners Roost. No expo, just a bib pickup.
- There are two other options for picking up your bib to include race morning.
- No race day registration
- MUST be at Georgetown Lake by 6:45 or you will have to park a half mile down the road
- There will be buses in Idaho Springs to bring you back to Georgetown Lake at the end
- There is a gear check
- start is 8am sharp
- Cotton t shirts…but if you upgrade you can get a tech t $10
- no medal unless you upgrade $10
- Elevation starts at 8500 ft and drops to 7500 ft at the finish
- Temps are around 50* but can reach 85* at the finish
- Aid stations every two miles and they all have water and electrolytes (Cytomax is a sponsor)
- Such a beautiful course! The mountains, the creek we run alongside, the Lake at the start. Enjoyable, every minute of this run. Lots of people walking and the course supported walkers and runners.
- Even though the race was sold out I didn’t feel like it was too crowded at any point. We were all just having a good time from the moment we headed out.
- As I mentioned above, there were plenty of aid stations every two miles with Cytomax with the water
- INCREDIBLY nice volunteers. I can’t say enough about the support
- Porta potties available anywhere we would need them.
This was an awesome race. Really well organized, fun to be a part of and I can’t wait to run it again next year. Love the whole experience. Price, course, support, Finish.