I DID IT! Yeah BABY…I got the job DONE.
I know Ya’ll are thinking…did she win the lottery? Did something AMAZING happen? Did Oprah give her a new CAR???
After seven hours on the phone, one really rude customer service specialist, at least five days of dealing with this directly on the phone and countless days off the phone but on the computer (seriously I have no idea how many days on the computer I tried fixing this) I have fixed the insurance issue AT LAST. And I think for REAL this time.
For those of you that need a super brief recap:
They charged me a large amount of money ($950) right before my surgery in anticipation of what my deductible would be back in February. But I had like…$85 left from a doctor bill a week before so they mixed two charges (the death sentence of insurance issues). We figured out the $85 no problem. But the rest was refunded by the hospital to my HRA in April, they just didn’t see it because it wasn’t $950 and they are a machine. So they have been harassing me for a receipt RIGHT NOW or they are denying my claim and demanding I pay back the money. Um..Dude. YOU have the money. They gave it back to you in April. Look at the page. It’s right there! I kept saying that to people and they would send me to someone else for another piece of paper.
Today I got Abigail. I love Abigail. Abigail said, “I see it. I’m going to screen shot it and send it to the claims dept it. If they still don’t get it, they’ll call me and I”ll call you directly but it should be fine from here. I think you’re good. Have a great day!”
I wanted to send Abigail flowers.
MT’s friend came over to visit yesterday. He hung out and chatted with me and ate pie. That took a big chunk of my afternoon. Between that and sleeping a ridiculous part of my day I didn’t get a lot done.
I did a little bit of yoga to see if I could loosen up whatever is screwing with my head and I did some squats and planks and called it good so I wouldn’t push my luck. It did just dawn on me that the wind was pretty wicked today and since I’m pretty sure that’s what caused this migraine to begin with I’m not too surprised I still had issues today. It’s too bad, too, because it’s such a pretty day for a run but my body said no no no.
So I opted for this:
It felt really good to get the squats and yoga stretches done though. I won’t deny that but that’s about as much as I wanted to do.
so…there’s a lot of posters today. I was on a roll.
Hopefully today I’ll be able to get it done. The weather today is back to 90*. So mean. On the bright side the whole rest of the week starting Sunday is 70’s and rainy!
….aaand it just dawned on me I’ll be out of town. Dammit.
Tag Archives: healthinsuranceiskillingme
I DID IT! Yeah BABY…I got the job DONE.
Oh my gosh this day. Medical bills and EOB statements and lab results…oh my.
My kingdom for a personal assistant to do THIS.
Okay, I actually kind of like this stuff so it’s not that big of a deal but the confusion is difficult and some of it is only doable on Sean’s end and that gets done as often as he calls family to check in. So…never until there’s a fire that needs to be put out. I love him.
This is so Sean. Except for that last line…I never taught him that.
Yesterday I did a Jillian Michael’s yoga which was…not my favorite. But I’ve lost my two favorite yoga DVD’s and I’m just bereft without them. I may have to reorder them…fortunately they were not too expensive because I use them a lot when I’m a fully functioning human being.
I finished it though and felt slightly better. It did a lot of core work which I always need but I prefer the ones that work my legs with really good stretches.
After that I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill. Three miles running, 1.5 walking. I know, it’s an odd amount. It’s not important why I stopped but I did. So it was a good workout day.
Today I haven’t worked out yet because I got caught up in all-things-insurance-related and soon enough fell down the rabbit hole. But I think we’re finally out of that and life can resume.
I’m off to walk the dog, then I need a good run and technically I’m supposed to be doing a HIIT workout today so I will have to consider that for sure.
Oh, and food. My poor family wants food.
- Wow. The power of prayer. You guys really kicked it right in there. My appointment didn’t even happen. You kicked it right off the schedule!Yeah, so when I got there apparently they had mixed it up in the books. They had it down for tomorrow but had told me (and emailed me) for Wednesday. So…I have an appt today instead…
- You know that public service announcement that used to play about “this is your brain on drugs”..hmm…let me see if I can find it…the power of the internet, right?
stick with me…I have a point with this…
Well today I went to the post office to mail something for Alex Michael. He really wanted it to get there tomorrow (it’s in town). I used the machines again…I know! Living on the edge! I like it that way… I paid a little extra to get good postage to make sure it gets there. I carefully applied the postage. I carefully applied the bar code next to it and admired my handi work. This was definitely going to make it. Then I put my gloves on and headed back to the car. As I got into the car I put my wallet, cell phone and Alex’s package on the seat next to me to prepare to drive away from the post office and then I stopped…
In the words of the nuns from Madeline
Something is not right…
There should be a gif for Teresa’s brain all the time. I think of that commercial whenever I make a “Celiac” move.
I got back OUT of the Jeep and actually mailed the envelope. Not sure how I expected it to get there without putting it in the slot ::shakeshead:: but hey…at least I caught it.
- I attempted to get work done yesterday but the Lifetime channel decided to play actual great movies all day and not their usual melodramatic drivel. It was one good movie after another. I couldn’t move! So I just kept typing and watching. Thank the Lord I have a lot I can do on the computer. If you get the chance..watch “Fair Game”. Great movie. Read the book. Great book.
- Montana is having some minor surgery in early January so he can breathe finally. I think I may have mentioned that before. His first broken bone…LOL. He has a severely deviated septum from birth and can only really breathe out of one side of his nose. He had to wait until he was 18 to get the surgery. Now that he’s 18 (nearly 19) we have AWESOME insurance to use for him to have it done.
We have a crazy deductible which you would think my Botox would have met! >inserthystericallaughter< but no.
So the hospital called me this afternoon, yes, the entire hospital called. In the form of a lovely woman named Laura. Representative Laura politely said my hospital bill (sans doctor and anesthesiologist) would be $2310.44. Would I like to pay that today? They take Visa and Mastercard over the phone.
I don’t really like Laura as much as I did when she first called.
Gotta be honest, she’s never really been my favorite.
Sure Laura. Here. Have my Visa. I’ll give you the same one I gave the car guy yesterday!
She said, “ha. Hope it gives you miles at least!”
Oh Laura. So sweet of you to have a sense of humor. At least one of us needs to. Maybe YOU should call my husband with this happy news.
I’m grateful for health insurance. I’m grateful for health insurance. I’m grateful for health insurance.
I’m just going to keep repeating that.
- I’m doing the 2015 Resolution Run Virtual 5k today so I have to get 3.1 miles done. I could have signed up for the 6 miles but it’s darn cold and I didn’t want to. So I’ll get home from our respective appts (oh yeah…Sean’s tests are happening this morning…could I get a little prayer they give us much needed answers?) and I’ll do that run. The medal is very cool. I don’t usually go for medals but this one is cool. That’s the second time I’ve said that in a month I think. LOL #ResolutionRunVR
- And finally..I must strength today because it’s all fun and games until you can’t lift the milk container. sigh.
Run on…right smack into 2016