This is the five year anniversary of the Aurora Shooting. We don’t generally make a fuss over anniversaries but this was very close to home figuratively and literally. Love to all the families and first responders. ❤
- We had dinner with Amy, Wayde and their son Kevin last night and seriously they are the cutest family ever. My very first impression was that Amy has really REALLY great legs. Where can I get some of those? I know, you’re thinking…weird much? Well they parked in a parking lot on a higher level than we did and I’m naturally shorter anyway so my eye level was sort of her legs as she walked toward me and then came down to my level parking lot.
So really not THAT weird. Still kind of weird but whatever. I can appreciate hot. Kevin is the GREATEST kid, seriously smart, incredibly polite and a sense of humor and joy he just clearly carries with him. They are a beautiful family and I appreciated every moment with them. We stayed for like…two hours at dinner and it was so much fun. We shared stories of our insane life and their life in Kansas is the polar opposite of ours. Wayde told us all about the no traffic light town they live in but the train that comes through takes 45 minutes and cuts the town completely in half hitting every street so if you miss it and get stopped by the train…you’re screwed. I totally want to live there just so I can call Sean and say, “I’m on the wrong side of the tracks”. Best moment ever. He said he has it timed quite well and knows when it’s coming through so an occasional 85mph moment will happen to get him across so he can get to work on time.
I scoff at him and his occasional 85mph moments. Sean does 85 as a regular speed and sometimes he’s not even on the road. I have to remind him..this is the shoulder SEAN THIS IS THE SHOULDER.
Not stressful at all to drive with him. His confidence will be the death of me. Also, his skill. The man has skills.
- I have been on the phone now for twenty minutes while someone tries to find my medical records from my surgery in February. My health reimbursement people denied $1000 claim and I have to figure out why, how and get a receipt for it but really there was so much I live in confusion land. Sean will confirm that for you. Meanwhile, the fact that they can’t find me is shocking, my surgery was like…$85,000. You’d think that would put me up in a higher status and I’d get some attention. How long is too long to be on hold before you snap? Well, that was it, 25 minutes. After that the person came on and announced she has no record of me in the hospital whatsoever and maybe if I call the main hospital and ask for pre registration. I’m in menu hell. Tried it…got lost in the circle of hell again. It’s SO WRONG> I waited and moved on. I’ve got to figure this out.
- I get a monthly scrip of migraine medication that helps with those migraines that squeak through after the Botox. They aren’t incredibly common but they are common enough that I need medication for them. My doctor gave me a “coupon” for them which made the ~incredibly-expensive-out-of-the-realm-of-reasonable a very reasonable $20. It’s been incredibly helpful. Today they called me to ask if I needed a refill. I’ve turned down the refill before because I didn’t need it and in hindsight should not have. Today I said I’d take it and she said the coupon was expired. There’s another coupon that takes care of 60% of the scrip leaving a co-pay of $492. Would I like that on my visa? Some days I just don’t have it in me. Just.no. In case you’re wondering…I skipped the refill. I have an appt in a few weeks. I’ll ask for another coupon.
$492. Pfft. I’ll just suffer through it. I’m from MT. That’s a half a car.
- I’ve been craving roasted marshmallows since we went camping. I know you’re thinking “but you had roasted marshmallows when you went camping”. Well, yes I did. But I tend to have long term cravings that last a ridiculously extended amount of time. If I want a cheeseburger I want one every day for a week. So I’ve been wanting more roasted marshmallows and today I wanted something sweet. Yes, I roasted my marshmallows over a candle today. I KNOW> It was TOTALLY delicious. You can take three things away from this.
1. this is clearly not a healthy eating blog… hahha. I will tell you I’ve been eating super healthy for the last week and feeling pretty good but still one needs to have treats.
2. My mother always told me to work with what you’ve got.
3. It totally crossed my mind that if I dropped the marshmallow, set the kitchen on fire and burned the house down I would absolutely make the national news as the woman who burned her house down roasting marshmallows over a candle in her kitchen. I’m okay with that because I’m a good time.
I got a HIIT workout done yesterday and it was a good strong workout that felt great. My body thanked me for doing something other than hiking or running. It’s just so blessed hot here at like…96* and none of us want to exercise at all. My gym on the base doesn’t air condition or if it does it’s the bare minimum to keep us from passing out. I should really join 24 hour fitness.
It was hot. I just did the HIIT workout. I did the following…
today I would love to run but it’ll have to be later. It was hot at 6am. It was 72* at 6:20 in the morning and that is my very short window to walk the dog. So I have a short window to run tonight. I do not love the heat. You probably already figured that out. How do people run in this?