- I felt so much better on Friday I ran a ton of errands. It came back a little in the afternoon like a bad boyfriend but I took some Excedrin and kicked that sucker to the curb. I talk big. I never had a boyfriend like that. Hey, I read Pinterest. I got my HIIT workout in which felt AMAZING and headed to bed fairly early so I could rise and shine at 4:30 to do the Manitou Incline with Michelle. I took a good half hour off my incline time which was awesome. It was way cooler Saturday than it was in June when I did it and I felt so much stronger climbing I would love to get to do it again. Solongo wants to try it on Saturday and I might give it a shot. I do love climbing. Check out this hair…hahhahahha. I love it. When we got to the top Michelle WHIPPED out her camera and I took one look and said NO WAY. My hair was all up in funky clippies and I looked totally whack. So I grabbed my clippies out and shook my hair out and gave myself two minutes to recover from climbing 2000 ft in one mile and just had a good time with my friend who looks this beautiful ALL THE TIME> Every picture. Always beautiful. Here you go People. The real me. ha. Don’t be scared.
- I went to church on Sunday morning ~they haven’t seen me in a while and are always surprised when I show up. I’ve decided when I go to church now and they express surprise I’m going to look at them and say, “I was just here last week!” like they should know that. So far it’s going well.
- Our priest spoke about The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston and how when Moses comes down off the mountain he’s been stylized. How hilarious. If God is thinking of providing divine intervention and styling people I could use some stylizing…
- My dad was a hairstylist and you couldn’t leave his shop until you looked like this. ha. As a matter of fact my dad looked like that. Here’s a photo of the three of us…Alex Michael, me and my dad, it’s pretty tame but my dad could be wild. So.much.hairspray. My poor husband’s hair wouldn’t move for three days after getting a simple cut.
My dad was ridiculously handsome. Look at my super round ~what the heck is wrong with me (before we figured out I had hypothyroidism-Celiac) oh look you’ve gained 30lbs~ face. ha. I still love the picture because I have his face and my kid has his face. Family. I do love family.
- I didn’t work out on Sunday, I wanted to go to the Shrine of Cabrini but I was waiting for Sean to get back from camping and that took way WAY longer than I thought. When he finally did come back into town we ended up going to a late late movie and seeing Detroit. This is a true story of what happened in Detroit during the riots of 1967 and the Algiers Motel Incident when three black kids were tortured and killed by police (allegedly…) and nine others were beaten and emotionally abused during the entire incident. I highly recommend it to everyone but my mother (it’s okay, she really doesn’t like movies). It is a hard watch. I’m not going to sugar coat it. I actually got nauseous and physically ill and what was happening on the screen and felt chills. I couldn’t imagine one of my own kids having to go through what these kids went through. How terrified they must have been. An amazing movie.
- MT’s girlfriend, Allie, just came over and while I was in the crawlspace getting something for her she found THE WORLD’S BIGGEST FREAKING SPIDER RIGHT NEXT TO THE CRAWLSPACE DOOR HOLY FREAKING COW. So then she called a wonderful friend to come over and kill it and he was awesome and he said WOW THAT’S A BIG SPIDER alerting both of us that wow. that’s a big spider. huh. So yeah, I was on the phone with the pest control guy telling him how I was being held hostage by THE WORLD’S BIGGEST SPIDER>
Nick is my hero. You’re my hero Nick. Nick doesn’t read my blog but he’s my hero.
- I have my Botox appointment today and I’m very not excited, especially since I have to travel today. Every time I fly…I get a migraine. I’m optimistic that the Botox will help and some preventative assistance from my doctor. He’s pretty awesome. Not looking forward to a repeat of last week.
- I didn’t run again today, It poured rain and I was ridiculously busy. I’ll see if I can get something in before I get on the flight tomorrow but even tomorrow is tight. Worst case, I’ll do something after I land. It’s a short flight.
Every day. I feel like this every day. The need the pull the force. I know how necessary it is and I have to do it.
Tag Archives: ManitouIncline
First of all let me say we as ~fighters for all things positive and peaceful and beautiful and right in the government~ do not in any way condone or support the terrible shooting that happened yesterday at the baseball field to the congressmen and their aides and we hope everyone recovers both physically and emotionally from this tragedy.
The Great Fire of London. It already has a name. Such a horrible nightmare. It was hard to look at the pictures, those poor people. I can’t imagine the nightmare and terror they all went through and the fear those parents were feeling that threw their children out windows. I hope these people that put them in this situation are prosecuted to the full extent and given life in the worst prisons.
And finally…just because 45’s birthday is today…we don’t claim him. We just don’t. He doesn’t deserve a beautiful amazing June birthday.
That would fit. It’s not nearly as cute and I don’t feel like I have to tilt my head and twinkle when I say it.
My life feels favored. Don’t get me wrong…it has not been perfect but whose life is perfect? Don’t go by Facebook because I do know a few people who for SURE have the most enviable life on social media and in real life…they have the most normal, the most average, the most completely ~I have problems like everyone else~ life that other people have and they only show the pretty things.
But I have Sean.
Sean who makes everything revolve around me on my birthday. It’s ridiculous how fun he makes it. He is hilarious and awesome and adventurous and fabulous and I love every minute of all of it.
Yesterday, on my birthday, we went to Manitou Springs to climb the Manitou Incline.
This incline is 2090 ft in .9 miles. There’s about 3000 steps. If you are fit and healthy and exercise regularly it seems you can do the incline between 45 minutes and an hour. I’d bet money Sean could have finished in that time. He was doing really really well and only stayed behind for me.
We all know I haven’t been at my best for the last few weeks but lets face it, I’m still getting in shape and I will always and forever deal with migraines from exertion. Stairs equal exertion. I’m just asking for it. But I really really wanted to do it. So I figured I’d
It did anyway.
I am so high maintenance. This is just another reason Sean is so great. He went really slow just to give me time to get my slow self up those damn steps. It took me an unbelievable hour and 45 minutes.
My God. I’ve given birth faster.
That is actually not true. But it FEELS true.
Granted…it was like…80* and very little shade. It was warm.
See that peak at the very very top?? It’s not the top. It’s the false summit. Yep…You actually can’t see the top. Ha.
I wish there was a better photo of this so you could see he is balanced on this rock at the top of the incline…it was precarious.
This is the beautiful house we passed on the way there and Sean told me he’d buy it for me because he loves me. So there’s that. There’s a creek that runs in front of it. It’s really lovely and I need the house. Just sayin’. And that’s a photo of us at the top. Still smiling. Somehow.
And as I climbed each step I could feel my heart pounding the blood into my head. It was so unfriendly.
It really did feel pretty good to reach the top but I was already planning my strategy for doing it better the next time.
Castle Rock mini incline a few more times…
many many squats
Keeping up the running
So much planning
And from there I can attempt another climb.
If I do all that, I feel stronger and healthier, and I still get the same results…I’ll consider it my fate.
I don’t ever feel like I need to climb in 30 minutes like a crazy person but I’d like to be average for sure.
Meanwhile..if you’re a migraine sufferer…check out this important page for information. I learned more about physical exertion migraines today than I ever have. Stairs. Who knew?
The result, of course, is a pretty wicked migraine today…what I would totally rate as a solid 9 or a 10. I went to the dentist for a long ago scheduled cleaning and damn…I will never schedule any kind of dentist appointment during my beautiful birthday month again. How wrong is that. Let me hang upside down with a light in my eyes. That’s friendly.
The best part is all of this makes me sound all sickly and weak and I definitely don’t feel sickly and weak. I just feel like I’ve got a killer migraine today and I have to make better choices.
I think by the time you read this, I’ll be better. I medicated a lot and sleep will totally help. I long for a good run and a good workout where I feel my legs, my abs and my arms. STRENGTH PLEASE.
Also I want to go shopping at the second hand store and maybe hang with my girlfriend because I’m still in the middle of birthday week.
We are TOTALLY continuing the festivities.