- If communication were a love language...it would be mine. In case you, too, were hopeful…it’s not.
They should fix that.
I’m pretty sure since all the books are out there, there’s this whole online thing going…it’s a huge industry you know… they probably don’t want to redo a language just because of my suggestion. Maybe it would be easier to just cross it out and make it the Six Love Languages.
Somehow I do not see that happening but it’s a fabulous idea because communication is an awesome love language.
My husband will not see me the entire day and if he sees me at 9pm he’s like…”Hey, wanna go see a movie?”
I think we’re dating.
Since my love language is actually affirmation I’d say it’s probably connected to communication. Just a thought. 😏
p.s. I do see that the last line of my paragraphs are disappearing into my gifs…I’m trying to fix it.
- I’m reading The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore. I’m only about a quarter of the way into it so I don’t have any kind of a review except I am having a very difficult time walking away from it. I’ll keep you posted.
- I had to take my computer to the church yesterday for a presentation just in case they needed it and I didn’t want my whole life of windows on display for 30 or 40 people so I closed the twelve-something windows I have up I keep a lot of stuff open on my windows. Probably not wise to let people that far into my head. I know you’re all laughing at THAT right now. #toolittletoolate
- Wanna know where my head is most of the time? I keep Argan oil in my cupboard so I can grab it in the morning and at night for my skin. My face is very dry and it loves it. I keep a bottle of Vitamin D oil in my cupboard because being Celiac means my body doesn’t absorb minerals and vitamins so I take supplements besides my diet (foreshadowing!). My doctor wants me to take liquid Vitamin D for better absorption and its just kind of gross. It’s a dropper and it’s oily and it’s just really quite unappetizing. It’s brief so I suck it up and shoot it down quick. The other night I grabbed my vitamin D…closed my eyes and shot that oil stuff straight in while simultaneously realizing it was my Argan oil…yeah.
I think I’ll find somewhere else to put one of those bottles. I totally expect that to happen again.
- yesterday I worked on favor treats for my son’s rehearsal dinner. I think they came out pretty good for my first try…I made a test batch. His wedding is in a month.
Hastily done photography…It is late. It was 96* today and I had to keep putting it in the freezer to keep it workable.
They turned out pretty, didn’t they? Sean says they taste amazing so I think that’s a vote for them. No, they are not gluten free. I wore gloves and was VERY careful. I used kitchen wipes a lot and there was no flour all ~flyin’ in the air~ so they were easy to work with. They’re also chocolate so I couldn’t have them anyway. But they seriously look delicious. *note~ I have never once ever been tempted to eat gluten since my diagnosis. I’ve been bummed but not tempted* I used the recipe from All Things Simple and her directions were spot on. I love great recipe direction. Like I said before, I’m an average cook. I can follow direction and I can totally produce but there has to be good instruction and there can’t be ingredients I can only get in Zimbabwe.
When I finished I sent the photo to a couple people because look what I did!
I told you. Affirmation.
I am an open book.
- Ford Yates is a Photographer you Should be Following
- Seems to me a main reason people buy a house so they can freely have pets. Yes, there are other reasons but that’s a valid one. An honest disclosure, I love dogs and cats but am afraid of dogs so I love your dog…please keep him over there. I do have a dog. My Shiba is more afraid of me than I am of him most of the time so we have an understanding. My neighbors all have dogs. Three or four EACH. They all bark…ALL THE TIME> Two of the neighbors are new this month. One of them bought the house and they have little dogs. The other neighbors rent I’m pretty sure and they have three HUGE dogs. Big deep barking~ SO LOUD. I’m sitting here with my headphones on and I can hear it through my headphones. Malachi keeps trying to go outside and rest on his pillow and they bark at him so he comes back inside…lookin’ all sad.
We’re considering selling. It came up this morning. It’ll take some work. We’ve been waiting for a long time to get some stuff done on the house but kids took priority. Now I’d say we’re pretty done. Somewhere with a little land so a little space. Not too far out but we’re pretty done. We love this place. We love this neighborhood. Oh I love the neighborhood. I’ll be sad to leave. The barking though, it’s just too much. It has to be on the table.
- This morning I headed out to do 3.5 miles and somehow forgot to tell time. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but…my brain said I had plenty of time before church only to discover upon re-entering the house that I had to be at church in 30 minutes and there was no part of me that smelled like that should happen. Like…no.
We made it and were only 10 minutes late…
I hate being late.
- What I’m doing: Today I’m going to do a HIIT and it’s supposed to be hot as hell so who knows what else I’ll do. It was WAY too hot to incline this weekend (remember the 96*?) so I’d love to do that. We’ll see.
Also all the squats, pushups, planks and what not.